Playground Behavior is Important
School rules for playground behavior and expectations are on this page. The playground is one area that has the most behavior incidents in our school. We are working on decreasing these negative behaviors and have created several positive steps to help. We as a staff are working together to create a more positive atmosphere in our school and on our playground. Please take a few minute to read through the playground rules and watch the videos.
Go UP the stairs and DOWN the slides.
No playing tag or climbing up the slides.
Covered Play Area -
Simple - ONLY Basketball in the covered area.
Play Structure - Primary
1. Follow the directions of all supervisors.
2. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself (this includes no play fighting or throwing of any objects, even snowballs). Exceptions are throwing balls appropriately in games, and tag football – NO TACKLE
3. Use ALL equipment and supplies correctly and safely.
a. No standing on slide, go down with feet front.
b. Go down only, never climb up the slides.
c. One at a time down the slides.
d. Go all the way down the slides – don’t get off in the middle.
e. No playing tag on the equipment.
f. Don’t touch a ball, jump rope, etc. that belongs to another class unless a student from that class is in charge of the equipment and playing with you. Equipment found from another class should be returned to that class.
g. Bring in the same equipment you brought out.
4. No ball playing under the sheltered area, except for basketball.
5. Ice/snow sliding is not allowed on the playground.
6. Hardballs are not allowed.
7. Foul language, “put-downs,” spitting, rude gestures, etc. are unacceptable.
8. Stay in the playground boundaries and out of the creeks.
9. Passes are needed to enter the building during all recesses. Enter a door on your own wing and use your own restrooms.
10. Food, bikes, skateboards, radios, CD players, iPods, cell phones and electronic toys are not allowed on the playground.
11. Litter and trash must be placed in the trashcans.
12. When the bell rings (or the end of recess is called), stop playing immediately and go to your class line. Enter the door nearest your classroom when directed.
13. If a ball lands on the roof, do not climb on the roof to get it. Notify the office and they will notify the custodian, who will get the ball within two days. Make sure your balls/equipment are labeled with a name or classroom number.
14. PLAY FAIR, SHARE, TAKE TURNS, HELP OTHERS AND GENERALLY TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED.
15. The driveway between the primary area and top field is NOT a play area, direct students to go up or down.
Counting on Swings -